Monday, December 12, 2011

Short Stories II

A few notes to catch up:

1. I just had a story accepted into Earthbound Fiction's Dark Stars SF anthology. I'm not sure of the release date of the anthology, but this blog will be the first to know.

It's pretty much the only SF story I have ever written, and it's sociological-type SF, because I just can't handle the pseudoscience. Confession: when I read hard SF, I skip all the technical stuff. Same way I skip long, involved battle scenes in fantasy novels. I really only care who wins.

...I'm lame that way.

2. I haven't written a single thing in about 4 days, mostly because my toddler was sick all that time. Hard to write when you're scrubbing the carpet AGAIN. But now I am having insomnia for tje first time in years. If I can't write, I can't sleep- direct correlation But he seems to be getting better now so, hopefully, I can whip out my notebooks again.

All I want for Christmas is a visit from Stanley Steemer.

3. My favorite kind of pens- Pilot Precise Rolling Ball, Fine Point, Black- have shot up in price again. Now it's $19.99 for a box of 12! I am trying new kinds of pens to see if I can find a cheaper substitute, but so far no dice. The Pilot Precise Rolling Ball, Fine Point, Black is the best pen ever made. And that's important when you have to write longhand (I can't write sitting in front of a computer. That's why I am so damned slow at it; I have to write it all out first. My brain is secretly a Luddite).

Anyone want to send a poor, struggling writer a Christmas present?

4. New Game of Thrones season 2 trailer: http://screenrant.com/game-thrones-season-2-trailer-cold-winds-are-rising-kofi-143168/ Stannis, you poor bastard. A lot of people are complaining he doesn't have a beard, when in the book his description includes a short, neat beard. It doesn't bother me. If it was that short, it doesn't seem that important, you know? I'm very excited for season 2; I enjoyed season 1 and my favorite character, The Hound, has a larger part in the second book. I feel he was a little shafted in the first season of the show so I hope the second season does right by him!

5. Finally, I have a contest coming up. I'll be giving away a copy of Pill Hill Press' Daily Flash 2012, which has the honor of containing two of my stories, sometime in the next couple weeks. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment