Sunday, January 22, 2012

Short Stories II

1.) Lovecraft eZine just accepted one of my stories, 'Inheritance' for a future issue. I am not sure when it will be out. It's one of my favorite stories; it has sex and slime, what more could you want?

It's the only Lovecraftian story I've ever written that was any good (I've written 3 or 4 at this point). It's hard to write good Lovecraft.

Lovecraft eZine also has a bunch of audio versions of Lovecraft stories available for free listening, so if you want to be turned into a cowering heap of insanity while at the office or something, check it out: http://lovecraftzine.com/

2.) I am working on a prequel novella to a novella I have already completed. While writing I was surprised to discover my main character from the original novella (very upstanding, precise, a rule-follower- pretty much Cyclops from The X-Men, but not as much of a dick) was a total brat as a child. I was amused. I love it when they surprise you.

3.) Everyone must see the Werner Herzog film Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans. It's Herzog, so it'spretty surreal, and stars Nicolas Cage as a cop whose back injury leads him to be addicted to every drug there is. He even hangs outside of clubs so he can pick up clubbers as they are leaving, and steal their drugs. Here is a clip that shows the bonkers, hallucinatory nature of the film: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXNfHb9b6Y0&feature=related

You probably don't want to watch it if you are offended by...anything, really, because this movie has it all. Nasty sex, crack smoking, excessive violence, profanity out the ass and iguanas. Lots and lots of iguanas.

No comments:

Post a Comment