Sunday, March 10, 2013

Millennicon 27 Coming Up!

So this is happening this weekend. My birthday is on Thursday so this is like, a whole four days of celebrating! Besides Eric Flint the guests include horror author Tim Waggoner, David Drake, Denise Verrico and everyone's favorite lovable curmudgeon and massively-honored author, Mike Resnick. And me! You'll be able to see my charming face on the following panels:

Saturday, 11 a.m.- Geeky Puppets

This one's for the kiddies, sorry. I make paper bag puppets for my son (they're pretty sweet if I do say so myself) so I am running a workshop on how to make awesomely geeky -but fragile, I mean they're paper- puppets. I'll be showing Daleks, dragons, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, fairies, robots, the Super Mario Bros., and some other crazy stuff. It's going to take the hotel about fifty years to vacuum all the glitter out of the carpet.

Saturday 4 p.m.- Broad Universe Rapid Fire Reading

I'll be part of a multi-author reading showcasing the work of Broad Universe members (BU is an organization dedicated to promoting the work of female spec fic writers). I'm one of seven readers, and I'm losing my mind trying to decide which piece to read. Come to the RFR to find out which one I chose!

Sunday 10 a.m. - Cons: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

I've been to a few cons in my time (Dragoncon, Anime Weekend Atlanta, Sugoicon, Millennicon, Gencon...). I suppose that's why I'm on this panel about how cons can do well and how they can suck. I've seen examples of both- though to be honest my experiences have almost always been good, so I'll be Little Miss Sunshine on this one.

Millennicon is a small SF/fantasy con in Cincinnati that devotes quite a bit of space to literary pursuits, which is why I like it. The size and casual atmosphere are really nice, as I don't feel like I have to map out everything before I get there or worry about my costume lineup or what-have-you. It's a good time for relatively cheap, so if you're in town and have a free day or two, check it out. I'll be there! And I'll have my favorite Magic deck with me if you want to throw down between events.

No comments:

Post a Comment