Tuesday, June 23, 2015

I'm Back!

So...it's been a while. I had to take a break from blogging. I was just burned out. And my break turned into a VERY LONG BREAK thanks to pregnancy, the birth of my second son eight weeks early, and all the insanity that comes with raising two boys.

But it hasn't been all family stuff. I've been writing quite a bit. My second novel is complete and I'm shopping it around to agents. Since September, when #2 Son was born, I've completed three short stories, and I'm almost finished with a fourth. I wonder if having two kids and short stories go together, since I haven't written short pieces for a long time.

And most exciting, I have a new release coming from DSP Publications.

My novella Hour of the Lotus was published by Dreamspinner Press a while back. When I had a sequel ready, I sent it to them. It turns out I sent it just in time, because they were setting up a new imprint called DSPP, which would publish stories that are genre pieces with gay characters, rather than gay romance. I was thrilled, because I think this publishing angle works much better for both Hour of the Lotus and the sequel, The Fox Hunter. The two novellas will be packaged together in one book called Late Summer, Early Spring (referring to the season in which each takes place). It will be available as an e-book and as a paperback! Here is the pre-order page:

http://www.dsppublications.com/books/late-summer-early-spring-by-patricia-correll-144-b

Anne Cain, who did the cover art for Hour of the Lotus, was available to do the art for this one too, and I love it!

Late Summer, Early Spring will be released on July 14th, and I have a couple guest blogs and interviews coming up too, so rest assured I will definitely let you know about them!

I'm going to try to post regularly here again. I'm off to do a workout- stretching my blogging muscles (and maybe losing some of this baby weight...)! See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment