Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Fifty Shades of...Station Wagons?

I haven't said much about 50 Shades of Grey since I haven't read it all (oh wait, I think I said it was shit. Never mind). Someone recently sent me a link to a tumblr thing (I am not sure what tumblr is, if it is a site or what) with quotes taken directly from the books.

While there is some incredibly awkward writing, my favorite quote so far has the main character referring to her boyfriend's (master's? Whatever) Audi SUV as a 'beast of a car'.

This makes me think E.L. James, the author, has never actually seen an Audi SUV. Here is a picture of one. In America, we call these 'station wagons'.





Also in these quotes this Grey guy is continuously referred to as a 'Dark Knight', which makes me think he sounds like Christian Bale's dopey gravelly Batman voice. Not like Michael Keaton's Batman voice. His is too good.

No comments:

Post a Comment