Sunday, February 24, 2013

Birds are Awesome




It hasn't been particularly cold this winter, but the birds are still all about the bird feeder. Usually they take off as soon as I approach the window, but this time I managed to snap a couple robins and (I think) a chickadee before they fled. For some reason the robins like to eat the old, dried-up crab apples still clinging to the tree rather than the delicious bird seed.

We also have a large picture window in the living room and at least three times a week a bird flies into it. Often when I glance outside I see a red-tail hawk chilling on the electrical pole in the yard. I suspect she scares the birds into our yard, and when they crash into the window and knock themselves out she just swings by and scoops them up.

Clever girl. Birds are awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment