Thursday, October 13, 2011

Short Stories

Short stories:

* I have a story coming out December 18th on the Nil Desperandum podcast (www.ndstories.com). Totally free to listen to! I'm really excited, as I've never had anything of mine done in audio before. I'm just glad I don't have to read it; I hate my voice (it just sounds dumb, especially on answering machines).

* I just finished Ramsey Campbell's Secret Story. I love love love Ramsey Campbell (I probably have more Ramsey Campbell in my collection than any other author, though to be fair that's partially because he's way more prolific than any of my other favorites). In the novel, a man writes a story based on a real-life murder (there's more to it than that but I won't spoil anything). The vicitm's family and friends are outraged and there's a big media to-do. It surprised me because, well, a few years back I read a novel by Joyce Carol Oates (one of The Great American Authors) that was obviously based on the JonBenet Ramsey murder case (like, REALLY obviously). It's possible someone in the family protested the book, but it didn't get any press if they did. Is it just a British thing? Or was it because the author and the murder were both local to one area? Ramsey Campbell, if you read this, help me out!

* I'm not doing NaNoWriMo. I'm too slow of a writer. I plan to finish a new novella by the end of November, though, so that will have to be my goal. It's erotica, which I've never attempted before. And gay erotica, at that! I think I'll be learning a lot next month.

* Yesterday my 2-year-old son told me "Tyrannosaurus eats Spider-man soup." Man, what did Spidey ever do to deserve that?

No comments:

Post a Comment